Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 4 - Featured Chef: Tammy Baughman

This week's featured chef, Tammy Baughman, is a great wife and a very busy mother of two. You can follow her and her beautiful family on her blog at http://thebaughmanbunch.blogspot.com.  She is one of the best "hostess with mostest" I have ever met as any one who has ever been to her home can tell you! Tammy was my first 'sister' (I couldn't ask for a sweeter sister-in-law) and she is such a great cook!! Tammy has chosen one of her most requested recipes to submit this week, as well as some other tasty dishes that are sure to be your new favorites :) 



Chicken Salad  
1 Rotisserie chicken, chopped
2 cups red grapes, halved
1 cup chopped celery
½ cup green onions
¾ cup chopped walnuts – Toast walnuts in 350 degrees oven for 5 minutes
Dressing – Mix ¼ cup mayo & ¾ cup French Vinaigrette (I use the La Martinique dressing)
Mix all ingredients and add dressing.    Serve with crackers or with bread.  
This is a great snack or lunch and always a crowd pleaser! 


Shrimp Jambalaya
2 cups rice
2 lbs. raw shrimp, peeled
1 stick butter, melted
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 can french onion soup
1 can cream of shrimp
1 can rotel
Salt, Pepper
Mix ingredients together.  Put in large 9X13 casserole dish.  Cover and bake at 350 degree oven for  1-1/2  hours or until rice is done.  This is a family favorite and it doesn’t get any easier than this!


Chocolate Trifle
Devils food cake
1 large box instant chocolate pudding
1 large tub Cool Whip
1 package Heath bar toffee bits
Bake cake as instructed on box.  Cut cake into 1-inch squares.  Make pudding and set aside.   I layer dessert in glass trifle bowl, making 2 layers in this order...cake, pudding, cool whip, and toffee bits.  Refrigerate before serving.  It is delicious!

2 comments:

  1. I love this chicken salad! Thanks for posting this recipe. I can't wait to try the others. Tammy is a wonderful hostess - can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love this. I made it tonight and Aspen was so excited! Thanks for sharing Tammy.

    ReplyDelete