Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week 11 - Featured Chef: Sharon Baughman

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! I hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween this year! Don't forget to set your clocks back one hour this coming weekend. I am pleased to introduce this week's featured chef, Sharon Baughman. Sharon is a fantastic cook as well as a wife, mother, aunt and friend :) With cooler weather finally here, this week's tasty recipe is sure to warm up your family's table!

Beef Stew (Crockpot)
From: Sharon Baughman

1 can French Onion soup
1 can Golden Mushroom soup
1 can Beefy Mushroom Soup - (I never find this, so I either use a can of Cream of Onion soup or a second can of Golden Mushroom soup)
1 can water (I usually buy a can of Beef Consomme and use in place of water)
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 tsp pepper
2 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
2 bags Frozen Veggies for Stew

In large crackpot, mix together soups, water, breadcrumbs and pepper. I also mix in a little (1 tsp or so) Kitchen Bouquet. Add stew meat and stir to coat. Add frozen veggies on top and cook on low for 8-9 hrs. 

Hint: Sometimes I cook on high for 2 hours and then turn down to low for remaining 5-6 hrs. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe of Sharon's! Perfect for just about any occasion :)

    Sharon's Corn Dip

    2 can Mexicorn
    1 small can chopped green chiles
    3-5 jalapenos, finely chopped (remove seeds and veins)
    3 green onions, chopped
    1 c. sour cream
    1 c. mayo
    1/8 tsp sugar
    10 oz shredded cheddar cheese

    Mix together, chill overnight and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete