This week I am proud to introduce Bette Cochran to Eat 'n' Meet. Bette is a sister, wife, mother, aunt and a nurse who has been 'wowing' our family with her tasty creations for years!! I will also post her much requested Angel Food Mash (very semi-homemade:)) under her recipe submissions.
Green Chili Lasagna
1 whole chicken cooked however you like to cook your chicken. I boil mine like I would if I was making chicken soup or chicken stock. You can also bake or use a store bought rotisserie chicken. Skin, debone & shred chicken.
2 large jars of your favorite green chili enchilada sauce. My favorite is 505 but can be difficult to find.
14-16 oz Green chilies. Either fresh roasted or canned.
1box Lasagna noodles. I've used the non-precook kind & that works fine but usually I use the precook kind & cook in chicken stock for 1/2 the time directed.
1 lb Favorite Mexican cheese blend.
In the bottom of a 9x13 start with a thin layer of sauce. Then add noodles, more sauce, chicken, green chilies, cheese. Just make layers until you end up with a top layer of noodles. Top liberally with green sauce, cheese & chilies.
Bake at 350 until cheese is melted & bubbly & noodles are cooked through.
Poached Orange Roughy w/mango salsa
2 fillets of orange roughy
1 shallot sliced thin
1/4 c white wine vinegar
1/4 c orange juice
1/4 c stock (chicken, fish or veggie)
1/2 c water
In a large nonstick pan Add vinegar, shallots, stock & orange juice. Simmer on med low until liquid is reduced by 1/2. Add water. Mix well. Add fillets. Poach fillets on each side 4-5 minutes or until center is done. Remove from pan using a slotted spatula. Plate each fillet. Top with salsa.
Mango salsa:
1 large mango, peeled and chopped
1 lime, juiced
1/4 c chopped red onion
2 jalapenos, deveined and seeds removed, chopped fine
1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped fine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Mix all ingredient together & serve on top of your favorite fish.
As promised....
ReplyDeleteAngel Food Mash
1 box mix or store bought Angel Food cake, torn in bite size pieces
1 tub of Cool Whip
cinnamon
nutmeg
Place Angel Food cake pieces in a large bowl. Stir in Cool Whip and liberally sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg all over mixture. Stir to distribute and refrigerate until serving!
Such an easy combo but so delicious!! Thanks Chef Bette:)
I love your Chicken Lasagna! It is one of mine and the kids favorites. I am making it to take to a friend in a couple of weeks that is having surgery. Yummy!
ReplyDeleteThis is just a request from a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook recipe.
ReplyDeleteMom's Instant Coffee Bars
2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
3 c. all purpose flour
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1t. instant coffee granules
1 c. boiling water
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
12 oz pkg semi-sweet choc chips
Blend together brown sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs; mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well; set aside. Dissolve coffee in boiling water; stir into mixture. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips. Spread in baking sheet with bottom and sides greased and floured. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Immediately frost with Coffee Frosting. Cut into squares. makes 2 to 3 dozen.
Coffee Frosting:
1 c. powdered sugar
1 T. butter, softened
1 t. instant coffee granules
1 T. boiling water (I had to use 2 Tbsp to make it spreadable)
Blend together powdered sugar and butter in a medium bowl; set aside. Dissolve coffee in hot water; blend into sugar mixture.