Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 8 - Featured Chef: Amy Crawford

This week has already brought some great changes in the weather (cooler temps and much needed rain)! The Rangers have managed to win the first game in the ALCS, despite the multiple rain delays:) And.... somehow even with everything else that's going on we still have to eat! 


This week's featured chef is not only one of the smartest gals I know, but also a very busy pharmacist, wife and a truly wonderful friend - you know the kind of woman I'm talking about: good times, bad times, great food.... "do-we-really-have-to-eat-this" food!! I am pleased to introduce this week's featured chef, Amy Crawford!!


Tortilla Soup

1 can Ranch Style beans
1 can Mexicorn
1 can hominy (drained) 
1 can cream style corn
1 can Rotel (I use mild but can use whatever)
1 lb ground beef, cooked
1 can beef broth

Cook ground beef and add this plus all cans into the crock pot. Simmer for a few hours. I eat with tortilla chips, then soup, and melted cheese and sour cream on top. Freezes well too!

No comments:

Post a Comment